This list of publications related to TSP-Norway is being updated along with new results being published.
4. April 2008: Newspaper Svalbardposten reports on TSP-NORWAY project in relation to climate change and stability of buildings in Longyearbyen, Svalbard. Click here to read the interview with Arne Instanes.
April 2008: Svalbard
online permafrost temperatures reported by the popular science programme Schrödingers
28. February 2008: Winter permafrost borehole drilling started in Svalbard. Click here for link to article in Svalbardposten March 7, 2008.
18. December 2007: Interview with Hanne H. Christiansen in the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten: Permafrosten kan holde store deler av Fjell-Norge sammen. Men ingen kjenner konsekvensene fordi fenomenet ikke er kartlagt. Click here to read the interview.
5 June 2007: Publication in Journal APOLLON on the potential effects of thawing permafrost in Norway, with emphasis on the TSP NORWAY project. Click here for web-version of the article.
6. July 2007: Article in SVALBARDPOSTEN on graduate UNIS field course AG327 at Isfjord Radio, permafrost, the solifluction station and the international IPY-activities. Click here for pdf-copi (2 MB).
9. July 2007: Forskning.no web-publication "Forbereder seg på flodbølge" on permafrost and landslide risk at Nordnes in Troms, northern Norway.
27. September 2007: Lecture by Herman Farbrot on permafrost in Troms, Finnmark and Svalbard. Finnfjordbotn vidaregående skole, Troms. Click here for abstract.
30. November 2007: TSP-Norway will be presented in a pedagogical context by Ivar Berthling at NTNU. Click here to download pdf-copy of his talk (7MB).
10-14 December 2007: TSP-Norway will have two presentations at the 2007 AGU Fall Meeting. Click here to download pdf-copy of TSP-Norway poster1 (1 MB).
Abstract by Isaksen K, Farbrot H, Etzelmuller B, Christiansen H, Blikra LH, Midttømme K, Rønning JS. 2007. TSP NORWAY – Thermal Monitoring and Modelling of Permafrost in Northern Norway, Eos Trans. AGU, 88(52), Fall Meet. Suppl., Abstract C21A-0051.
18 December 2007: Ketil Isaksen interviewed by NRK-P1 Norgesglasset about the TSP-project and permafrost in Norway: http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/indeks/116940
7 March 2008: Svalbardposten publishes an article on the new permafrost borehole in the outskirt of Longyearbyen, Svalbard. Click here to read the article.
members of TSP-Norway was present at the Ninth International Permafrost
Conference in Fairbanks, and gave presentations. Several of these are now
Eds. Douglas L. Kane and Kenneth M. Hinkel: Proceedings of the Ninth
International Conference on Permafrost,
Christiansen and O. Humlum. Interannual Variations in Active
Layer Thickness in
Delaloye, E. Perruchoud, M. Avian, V. Kaufmann, X. Bodin, H. Hausmann, A.
Ikeda, A. Kääb, A. Kellerer-Pirklbauer, K. Krainer, C. Lambiel, D.
Mihajlovic, B. Staub, I. Roer, and E. Thibert. Recent Interannual Variations
of Rock Glacier Creep in the European
Etzelmüller, T.V. Schuler, H. Farbrot, and Á. Guðmundsson.
Farbrot, K. Isaksen, and B. Etzelmüller. Present and Past
Distribution of Mountain Permafrost in the
Harris and K. Isaksen. Recent Warming of European Permafrost:
Evidence from Borehole Monitoring (Plenary Paper), 655-662.
Humlum. Alpine and Polar Periglacial Processes: The
Instanes and O. Anisimov. Climate Change and Arctic Infrastructure,
B. Instanes and
Instanes. Foundation Design Using a Heat Pump Cooling System, 785-788.
Farbrot, L.H. Blikra, B. Johansen, J.L. Sollid, and T. Eiken. Five-Year
Ground Surface Temperature Measurements in Finnmark,
Humlum, L. Kristensen, and H.H. Christiansen. Thermal
Processes in the Active Layer of the Larsbreen Rock Glaciers,
Christiansen, and F. Caline. Temperatures in Coastal Permafrost in the
N. Matsuoka and
Christiansen. Ice Wedge Polygon Dynamics in
Ødegård, K. Isaksen,
T. Eiken, and J.L. Sollid. MAGST in Mountain Permafrost, Dovrefjell,
S.L. Smith, V.E. Romanovsky, N.I. Shiklomanov, H.H. Christiansen, P.P.
Zhang, M.R. Balks, and J. Brown. Managing Permafrost Data: Past Approaches
and Future Directions, 1369-1374.
Roer, W. Haeberli, M.
Avian, V. Kaufmann, R. Delaloye, C. Lambiel, and A. Kääb.
Observations and Considerations on Destabilizing Active Rock Glaciers in the
T. Watanabe, N. Matsuoka,
Christiansen, and A. Ikeda. Sounding Ice and Soil Wedge Structures with
Ground-Penetrating Radar, 1933-1938.